Make sure that your devices are on and nearby
- Airplay On My Lg Tv
- Airplay Won't Work On My Lg Tv
- How To Use Airplay On Lg Tv
- How Can I Get Airplay On My Lg Tv
Check that your AirPlay-compatible devices are on. If your Apple TV is in Sleep mode and uses Ethernet, wake your Apple TV with the remote.
Start Control Center and use the 3D Touch gesture on the Screen Recording module. Select the Mirror LG TV option instead of the Camera Roll option and tap Start Broadcast. And like this, you need to visit your iOS device’s display on your LG smart TV after a brief delay. 2019 LG TVs also support AirPlay audio, which means that you can send music and podcasts on your TV, pair your TV with other AirPlay 2-compatible speakers. New LG TVs also support HomeKit. It means that you can add your TV to the Home app on your iOS device and Mac. After that, you can control basic TV features from the Home app.
Make sure that your AirPlay-compatible device is near the device that you're trying to stream from. If you can't connect to an AirPlay device, try moving closer to it and try again.
To stream audio to multiple speakers with AirPlay 2, make sure that your speakers are compatible with AirPlay 2.
Restart your devices
To turn off AirPlay, click on the AirPlay icon on the right side of your Mac's menu bar and select Turn AirPlay Off. Alternatives: LG do not make a dedicated Mac application that supports Smart Share. In the case you don't have a 2019 LG TV, an alternative to screen share is using Plex Media Server. Start playing a movie or show on the Peacock App and select the AirPlay icon in the top right. Choose your LG SmartCast TV and it will start displaying on your television. If you have a compatible TV and you don’t see AirPlay as an option, make sure you update to the latest LG webOS firmware. 7-Day Free Trial. Initially, please try to unplug your TV but do not turn off using the remote or physical power button (TV button). Just unplug it directly into the wall outlet/power source. Wait 5 minutes before turning back on. Wait another 1 minute after booted up then check your internet connection by selecting youtube or Netflix.
Restart the devices that you want to use with AirPlay or screen mirroring. Learn how to restart:
- iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
Airplay On My Lg Tv
Check for updates
Make sure that all of your devices are compatible with AirPlay and updated to the latest software version. Learn how to check for updates on:
- Smart TVs
Connect your devices to the same Wi-Fi network
- iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch: Go to Settings > Wi-Fi. Also, make sure that Bluetooth is turned on.
- Apple TV: Go to Settings > Network. If your Apple TV uses Ethernet, check that the cable is plugged into the router that you use for Wi-Fi.
- Mac: Click in the menu bar.
- HomePod:* HomePod uses the same Wi-Fi network as the iOS device it was set up with. If your iOS device is in range of HomePod and connected to a different Wi-Fi network, HomePod will show an alert in the Home app that says 'Wi-Fi Network.” To connect HomePod to the same Wi-Fi network as your iOS device, open the Home app, press and hold HomePod, tap Settings, then tap 'Move HomePod to [Wi-Fi network]' at the top of the screen.
- Third-party AirPlay-compatible speakers and Smart TVs: Go to the manufacturer’s website to learn how to connect them to your Wi-Fi network.
Check your AirPlay settings
If you can’t AirPlay to an Apple TV or HomePod,* check the AirPlay settings for that device.
- On Apple TV, you might have restricted who can AirPlay.
- On HomePod,* you might have restricted speaker access.
- For AirPlay 2, you might need to invite others to control your home so they can AirPlay to your devices.
If you're using a Mac or PC, you can't AirPlay to HomePod* if you select Only People Sharing This Home.
Still need help?
Airplay Won't Work On My Lg Tv
If you have another issue using AirPlay, learn what to do.
If your music unexpectedly stops
If your music stops playing unexpectedly, use your device or Siri to start playing music again. In some situations, the Home app might be using your HomePod,* Apple TV, or AirPlay-compatible speaker as the main audio source for streaming music (even if your HomePod* or Apple TV isn’t currently playing music). Using Siri on that device or performing another task might cause playback to stop everywhere. You can also use an iOS device or computer with iTunes as an audio source to manually stream music instead.
If you see video but don't hear audio
If you don't hear audio when streaming video from your iOS device or Mac to your Apple TV, make sure that the volume is turned up and not muted on both your iOS device and your television or receiver.
If you're streaming video from an iPhone or iPad, check the Ring/Silent switch. If it's set to silent, you'll see an orange line. Toggle the switch to turn on the ringer.
If your content gets interrupted or your network lags
If you have a weak Wi-Fi signal or interference from a nearby device, like a microwave or baby monitor, try the following:
- Make sure that you use the recommended settings for your Wi-Fi router.
- Move or turn off other devices that might cause interference.
- If you're trying to AirPlay to Apple TV, try connecting your Apple TV directly to your router with an Ethernet cable instead of using Wi-Fi.
Your AirPlay connection might get interrupted when you lock your device, put it to sleep, or switch to a different app.
How To Use Airplay On Lg Tv
If you still can’t use AirPlay after trying these steps, contact Apple Support.
How Can I Get Airplay On My Lg Tv
*HomePod isn't available in all countries and regions.