LG has released Connect SDK, an open source software development kit that allows developers to create apps that will have Chromecast-like capabilities that will work across LG Smart TVs, the. WebOS has been the standard smart tv platform for LG televisions since 2013. Almost every year improvements and / or new features are introduced. WebOS 4.5 was born in 2019. The leading interface remains colorful and playful. After setting it up, I noticed that the cast button in Chrome also pulls up my LG smart TV (listed as LG WebOS TV). I selected it, but nothing seemed to happen on the TV end of things (I tried a few different inputs, settings, etc). This amazing screen mirroring tool can help you cast your Mac’s screen to your LG TV in no time. It is useful for entertainment, app presentations, meetings, livestream, and also teaching because of its high-quality screen mirroring display. To learn how to use this tool to cast and stream Mac to LG TV, simply follow the steps below. LG TV Plus is a must-have software which you could use to navigate and play with your LG Smart TV along with your iPhone. This app features TV control, Touchpad, Launcher, TV and other useful functions. This program works with 14 webOS-enabled LG TVs. Place your iPhone and LG Smart TV to the identical Wi-Fi network.
South Korean company LG specialises in home entertainment systems.
A well-recognised brand throughout the world, LG is very well known for their television sets. One of LG’s most popular models is the 49” LG ULTRA HD 4K TV.
Equally, if not more, popular than LG TVs is Google’s Chromecast. The Chromecast is a device that connects to your TV through the HDMI port.
It gives you the option to watch online video streaming services or to send a website displayed on your mobile to your TV.
We have a look into the LG WebOS TV UJ630V Chromecast functionality.
What does WebOS mean on my LG TV?
WebOS is a Smart TV operating system owned by LG.
It allows the TV to have more advanced features, therefore, makes it possible to connect to other devices.
This is done by connecting through the Graphical User Interface (GUI).
LG bought webOS from HP in February 2013 and modified the operating system to use in their Smart TVs.
LG WebOS TV UJ630V Chromecast: Does it work?
LG is one of the TV manufacturers that does not support Chromecast as a built-infeature yet.
You can, however, connect and set up the Chromecast dongle to your TV by doing the following:
- Insert the dongle into the HDMI port of the TV.
- Go onto the Andriod or iOS app store and search for Google Home and download. Or, if using a PC make sure you have the latest Chrome browser.
- Once installed, make sure your Chromecast dongle and devices are connected to the same network.
- The app will automatically connect to your Chromecast device as a result.
- On the PC, using your browser, go to chromecast.com/setup.
- Once set up, using your chosen device, select ‘Cast’ to project the content to your TV.
- You will be able to control options like Play, Pause, Fast-Forward and Rewind from the device you are using.
Using this function is a great way to display and enjoy apps on the big screen.
Google Chromecast Ultra https://t.co/W1dmhWsMUKpic.twitter.com/NVDhCbiAkJ
— HotDeals (@knwjqw) April 1, 2020
How to Update Firmware on LG Smart TVs with webOS
Here is how to update your LG Smart TV to the latest Firmware version:
Note: Make sure your TV is connected to the internet.
- Press the Settings button on your remote control.
- Point and click on the All Settings icon at the bottom right of your screen.
- On the left click on the General icon.
- Near the bottom of the General menu locate the About This TV option, press select.
- Below the software version should be the Check for Updates button, press select.
- Your LG will connect online and check for the latest version.
- If there is an Update it will show the new version, select Install.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the updated firmware.
Do not power off or unplug our television during the update process as this will disrupt the installation.
Your Smart TV will reboot automatically to complete the installation.
Underneath the ‘Check For Updates’ button, you can select the Allow Automatic Updates.
Your TV will be updated to the latest version without having to manually do it.
You can always contact our support team here should you have issues with any of your digital devices.
Two Workable Means for Screen Mirroring iPhone to LG TV
Cross-platform screen mirroring has already been integrated into mobile operations. In order to get more enjoyment from a larger screen, including screen mirroring iPhone to LG TV, iPhone users also stream iPhone to PC or other Android devices. Another recommended app that you can use is called ApowerMirror. Which is by far one of the most trusted screen mirroring software for both iOS and Android devices. To use the app is very easy, here is the detailed way to mirror iPhone to LG TV.
- You can install this program on your phone and PC.
- Get a “HDMI” cable to connect your TV to your PC. Now set your TV source in “HDMI”.
- This time start mirroring your phone to your PC by clicking the blue “M” button and tap “phone screen mirroring”.
- This time, swipe up to your control panel and tap “Screen mirroring” and finally tap the name of your TV. From there your phone will be mirrored on your TV.
Next up, we got LetsView. If you are looking for a simple and easy to use interface to mirror your LG phone to your TV, this is one good app that you can consider. It is one of the most recommended tools because not only it can mirror your phone, it can also screen record, screen capture and annotate. These features are genuinely free and do not require any registration nor premium purchase like other tools. There is no other tool that offers the same kind of service for free. Get LetsView on your phone now and follow the instruction to mirror iPhone to LG TV:
Use the download button below to download the app on your PC. On your phone, go to your Playstore and get the app from there.
- Now connect your PC and your phone under the same Wi-Fi network. Also, prepare your HDMI cable to connect on your TV.
- Now, launch the app on your phone and PC. Once the name of your PC appears on your phone, tap it and the mirroring will begin.
- Finally set your TV source to HDMI 1 or 2 and plug the HDMI cable to your TV and PC. This way your phone will be mirrored on your LG TV.
Video TV Cast – Mirror iPhone to LG Smart TV
Video & TV Cast for LG Smart TV is an app specially designed for iPhone and iPad. You can use this software to browse the web and mirror any online video, web movies, live shows etc. from your iPhone to your LG TV. It supports different formats such as MP4, M3U8, HLS live streams. Now let’s take a good look at the following steps on how to mirror iPhone to LG TV.
- Search Video & TV Cast for LG Smart TV on your iPhone and then, launch it.
- Open your TV and launch “TV cast”. Ensure your iPhone and LG TV are under the same Wi-Fi network.
- Use your TV’s remote control to open “LG Content Store” and you can find the same TV & Cast on the right side of the screen.
- Configure the app on TV by filling the IP address shown on your iPhone.
- Click “OK” to connect iPhone to LG.
- Select a video you want to mirror on your LG TV, tap the link to cast and then you can simply cast your iPhone videos to LG TV. This app supports all major video websites and countless others.
You can stream high-quality video directly from your iPhone to a big TV screen via the above method. However, please remember that Video & TV Cast for LG Smart TV does not support iTunes movies, DRM protected videos or Flash videos. Also, this app only streams the video part of a website rather than the entire website content.
LG TV Plus – Screen Mirroring iPhone to LG TV
LG TV Plus is a must-have app that you can use to browse and play your smart TV with your iPhone. This app features TV controller, Touch pad, Launcher, Search and other useful functions. This app works with 14 webOS-enabled LG TVs. After setting your TV and mobile device to the same Wi-Fi network, you can use it to mirror iPhone to LG TV, control your TV with iPhone, enjoy photos, music, and videos from your iPhone on a large screen. For any iPhone with iOS 6.1 or later version, you can share iPhone contents on LG TV with this software.
All tools mentioned above are helpful when it comes to mirroring your device to your LG TV. You just need to check which tool will give you more benefit. You can also try them all to make smart choices. If you have suggestions or questions about this article, please leave us a comment below, under the comment section.