IGN contributor T.J. Hafer walks you through six minutes of gameplay from the upcoming grand strategy game sequel, Crusader Kings 3.#ign. No, Crusader Kings 3 is exclusive to Xbox Game Pass for PC. If you have an active Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription and a capable computer, you’re already set to play on PC.
Paradox Interactive announced a third entry to the massively popular grand strategy series Crusader Kingssix months ago. Although back then the studio refrained from giving the title a release window, today, Paradox revealed September 1 as the official release date for the PC exclusive.
The medieval grand strategy RPG gives players the opportunity to lead a royal family through the generations to build an empire that survives the ages. The studio describes this as the start of a new generation of grand strategy games, and will be bringing in a revamped new player experience.
Considering the size of the title, Paradox helpfully provided a rundown of all the features Crusader Kings III will offer to fans of the genre when it releases later this year:
- Character Focused Gameplay: Every character you play or interact with has their own unique personality. Events and options in the game are largely determined by the type of person you are.
- Infinite Possibilities: Play as any noble house from Iceland to India, Finland to Central Africa over five centuries. Interact with wandering guests, stubborn children, devious spymasters and saintly holy men in an elaborate tapestry of medieval life.
- Waging War: Rally your vassals and raise your men-at-arms to besiege enemy castles or put down rebellions. Personal prowess on the battlefield can win you great honor, but strategic planning is the path to victory.
- Royal Marriages: Spread your dynastic DNA throughout the world, stamping your royal seal on the crests of kingdoms and duchies far and wide. Marry for power and raise children to press claims on new lands.
- Saints and Sinners: Keep faith with your religious leaders or perform great crimes in the interest of the state. When the going gets tough, you can always embrace a heresy or craft a new religion more in line with your character’s priorities.
- Schemes and Skulduggery: Learn the secrets of your courtiers and vassals so you can blackmail them for their support. Seduce your way into a superior’s good books, or plot the untimely demise of an unfortunate relative.
- Events Inspired By History: Experience great holy wars, peasant revolts, cadet branches of dynasties, heretics, superstition, castles, knights and wars over inheritance.
- 3D Character Portraits: Characters age and change appearance as their traits take a toll on their body. The higher the rank, the fancier the clothing.
- And much more: Holy Orders, mercenaries, pagan and Viking raiders, easily customized rule sets and a beautiful new map to play on.
Crusader Kings III will be playable on Windows, macOS, and Linux systems and will release through Steam, Paradox Store, Microsoft Store, and other major retailers. Pre-orders for the standard edition are available now for $49.99, while there is also a Royal Edition available for $74.99 that includes the Expansion Pass.
Crusader Kings Ii Mods
Moreover, Crusader Kings III will be available through Microsoft's Xbox Game Pass for PC subscription from day one, giving members access to the full game.