I am not entirely sure it is true, because of the SKU amd because I am pretty certain I have seen it in the store before. You are correct. It was first released last September as a regular PA product. Second one is kind of a “new” to the Daz Studio and was added in the version 4.8 that was released in 2015. While 3Delight was there from, what seems, the very beginning. Both these engines are aimed at realism and best picture quality. That is why people often find themself asking whether they should use Daz3D 3Delight or Iray.
Daz3d Amd Rendering
Made for the artist
- 42 reviews for Daz3D, 2.6 stars: 'The artists that make the content are great, unfortunately they as well as the consumers are completely let down by a complete lack of customer service. The help desk might respond within a couple of months and thats if your lucky. However the response is usually non relevant resulting in another huge waiting period for another follow up response.
- Yes, an AMD CPU will do Iray CPU renders just fine. Obviously, it will be slower than using the GPU, but it will work. I don't know whether Intel CPUs are faster than AMD CPUs for this particular task, but if there's any difference, I'd expect it to be small. I'm running a PC with a 1070Ti card and an AMD Ryzen 7 3700X.
The best realism possible for DAZ Studio and Poser with the easiest, most enjoyable workflow. Nothing else comes close.
Reality is a rendering solution that extends DAZ Studio and Poser providing the most advanced Physics-Based Rendering system in the market.
Reality has built-in physics-based materials. At any time you know what kind of material your editing.
Top 10 reasons to use Reality:
- The most accurate Physics Based, unbiased rendering system, based on LuxRender, the benchmark of quality in the field.
- The easiest material editor in the industry.
- Non-blocking rendering: continue working in DAZ Studio or Poser while the render runs.
- Adjust the light’s intensity and color while the render runs.
- Adjust the scene’s exposure while the render runs.
- Use GPU and CPU acceleration at the same time.
- Use GPUs from nVidia, AMD, or other brands, and you can mix them together.
- Apply film emulation to create a new, more filmic look
- Physically-Based Materials make it intuitive to edit your scene. No confusing nodes or endless lists of properties
- Run multiple renders at the same time.
- Procedural textures that can be used to amazing patterns with a few clicks.
- Same interface whether you use DAZ Studio or Poser.
- Automatic presets simplify your workflow.
- Share material presets with other Reality artists.
- Use the same presets in the DAZ Studio and Poser editions of Reality.
- Stop and resume the render at any time.
- Unlimited network rendering, even with mixed OSes (Mac OC, Windows, and Linux machines).
- Fully documented.
Reasons #11 to #18 were bonus 😉
Automatic Material Conversions
Reality automatically converts Poser and DAZ Studio materials, including the latest shaders. From the moment you call Reality you are ready to go.
This release is absolutely brilliant. Heaps of improvements and I’m loving it. The accuracy of material translation and speed improvements leave me feeling like I’m forgetting to do something every time I render. It’s just become so smooth and fast it seems almost a built-in part of Poser.
Power at your fingertips
You can change the type of a material with with one click. Here we see how simple is to select photo-realistic Glass.
Automatic presets make your life easier
Reality includes many presets that load automatically whenever you use a certain model/texture combination. More are available from our marketplace.
Reality’s physics-based materials are a snap to use and you can count on the following types, all included in the program:
- Skin, with automatic SSS
Fantastic material presets
Reality includes a great library of presets including great Car Paint, Metals, Latex, Gemstones and more.
I have no idea of how I would have created this image without Reality. It took no time at all to set up the mirror (one click to change the material setting) and the rest of the time was spent on composition.
Awesome Product of course, for Poser and DS, I have them both, for many years now!
Rendering without limits
Reality renders your scene via an external app, so that you can go back to Studio or Poser while the image renders in the background. You can continue making changes to your scene as much as you want, or even start a new scene. You can also stop the render and restart it hours later and it will resume exactly from where it was stopped.
Freedom of choice
Reality supports both DAZ Studio and Poser, both Mac OS and Windows. Each license gives you access to the OS X and Windows version. Both 32- and 64-bit systems are supported as well.
No “spaghetti” shaders
Ever looked at a node system and got discouraged by its complexity? We understand the feeling. There are no nodes in Reality, no unwieldy list of parameters. Reality materials are simple. They use less technical terms and few properties. You still get all the power of an advanced material editor, just without the aggravation of those other systems.
Click the video below to see how easy is to change lights while rendering.
Reality resolved all the issues I’ve had with other rendering solutions. I’m especially happy about all the time it frees up for me where I previously would spend countless hours setting up the most elaborate nodes to get decent results (rendering in Blender Cycles). Honestly, my renders have never looked this good.
I just don’t know what to say… amazing!
Not only do I get results so much (unbelievably) quicker, the interface and workflow is so much easier.
BTW, so far, I am finding the Lux / Reality combination on DAZ much nicer than 3Delight and IRay. I am getting much better results and I am much happier about that!
Best $25.00 I have spent in a LONG time!
1Bridge Daz and Poser Assets with Character Creator for More Possibilities
Transformer - One Step Import Complete Character
- Smart Transformer design to fast import Daz Genesis, M4, V4, and Poser M4, V4 character assets.
- Convert all texture channels to real-time PBR materials standard.
- Auto Daz-to-CC, and Poser-to-CC character retopology and UV texture baking for assets compatiblity.
- Be able to import morphable hair and cloth, and keep their morph editing capabilities.
Total Daz & Poser 3D Content Integration
- Save Daz and Poser character shape, outfit, hair, shoes, material presets as Character Creator assets.
- Mix and blend CC and Daz / Poser assets for ultimate design freedom.
2Import OBJs with Auto Skin Weight Transfer for Quick Clothing Creation
- Import OBJ mesh as Cloth Assets.
- Using custom pose to align character with imported mesh.
- Skin Weight Transfer from cloth templates or custom imported skin mesh.
- The ability to transform individual mesh elements.
- Refine surfaces with push and pull brush tools.
3Convert DAZ and Poser Content into Real-time PBR for Game Engines & iClone
- View Daz and Poser characters in industry-standard PBR shader.
- Access to the roughness and metallic material and compatibility with iClone, Unity, Unreal, and Substance Designer.
- Support real-time mesh illumination for Indirect lighting using Nvidia Voxel GI (Global Illumination) technology.
- Real-time Ambient Occlusion, HDR, tone map, and blooming effects.
Daz3d Amd Pro
4Optimize Polygons, Remesh and Unify Textures for Game Characters with LOD
- Polygon reduction to selected items, or to all wearable assets.
- Bake high mesh detail to diffuse and normal map to enhance low-poly display.
- Merge texture UVs in order to reduce draw call in game engines.
- Generate character LODs for optimal game performance.
- Convert to low-poly CC Game-Base character while keeping facial animation.
5Render Professional Photo-Quality Visuals with Interactive Iray Render
- Skin, teeth, lips, nails, hair, and eyes are optimized for Iray rendering.
- Adding skin masks for natural Subsurface scattering.
- Multiple material select and one-time adjustment using the default PBR to Iray Super Shader.
- Access to a library of character poses, stage props, and Iray light templates for instant professional render.
6Animate On-the-fly with Motion Libraries, Facial lip-sync and Soft-cloth Physics
- Body animation: a unique puppeteering engine, motion clip blending, thousands of professional mocap, HIK timeline motion layer editing.
- Facial animation: 60 facial morphs ready for audio lip-sync and puppet emotive expressions with motion key editing.
- Dynamic soft-cloth and hairs physics behaviors to create natural movements.
7Capture Face, Body and Hand Motions with Popular Mocap Hardware
- Employ a full body motion capture platform to simultaneously animate CC character faces, hands and bodies.
- Observe your motion captured animations on real and stylized characters for visual feedback on performances.
- Ideal for virtual production, performance capture, live TV/Online shows, and web broadcasting.