If you do not want to watch a movie sitting in front of your Mac, you can share your Mac screen to TV and enjoy the movie on a larger screen. Also, this can help you display a presentation or any files from your Mac to your TV if you are discussing a topic in a large audience. Luckily, there are top screen mirroring tools that can help you screen share Mac to LG TV. Check out these tools below.
Top 3 Tools to Mirror Mac to LG TV
If you just want to display your PC's screen's contents on your LG TV, Miracast will allow you to stream your screen's contents directly to your LG TV without having to use any cables. As with the SmartShare option, Miracast works best when both your LG TV and your PC are connected to your router via Ethernet rather than Wi-Fi.
LG Smart Share
Jan 08, 2021 Going first on our list is the mirroring app called ApowerMirror. Highly adaptive and efficient, ApowerMirror works on multiple platforms including Mac and LG TV. So it can connect Mac to LG TV in an instant. It applies mainstream mirroring technology with up to 1080p resolution without any lag. Click on Apple TV from the dropdown. (If you have multiple Apple TV's in the vicinity, choose the one you want to use right now.) Click on Mirror Built-In Display to mirror your Mac's native resolution on your TV. Click on Mirror Apple TV to resize your Mac's resolution to match the resolution of your TV. How the app works: First, make sure that your LG TV is on the same local network and same subnet as your Mac. The TV should not be in screen mirroring mode, but just on 'TV' Mode or any HDMI IN port. After launching the app, you will see the app icon appearing in the top bar of your Mac and the app will look for your TV on the network. AirParrot sends content to a number of media receivers, even simultaneously. Broadcast to multiple devices like Apple TV and Chromecast, or share audio around the house to AirPlay-enabled speakers. Use AirParrot in combination with Reflector to create a seamless mirroring experience to any computer or device.
To connect Mac to TV, you can rely on the built-in screen mirroring feature of the LG TV – Smart Share. This feature allows you to mirror your phone, tablet, and PC, and Mac to LG TV including the audio-visual capability of the devices. With this, streaming videos and watching movies are highly enjoyable as these movies and being casted on a wider screen. Just follow the simple and easy steps below to mirror Mac to TV.
- Using your TV remote to navigate to the Smart Share feature of your TV.
- On your Mac, click the AirPlay icon located on the right side of the Menu bar. Select your LG TV then choose the name of your Mac to connect.
- Your Mac is now mirrored to your LG TV.
Mirror For Lg Smart Tv Mac Free
Next, we have LetsView. This amazing screen mirroring tool can help you cast your Mac’s screen to your LG TV in no time. It is useful for entertainment, app presentations, meetings, livestream, and also teaching because of its high-quality screen mirroring display. To learn how to use this tool to cast and stream Mac to LG TV, simply follow the steps below.
- Go to the official website of LetsView and download the application on your Mac. Also, install LetsView for TV on your LG TV. You can also click the button below to get the tool.
- On your Mac, launch the app and click Computer Screen Mirroring.
- Input the PIN code displayed on your TV to connect your Mac to your LG TV.
ApowerMirror is also a great tool for screen mirroring Mac to LG TV. This top screen mirroring tool allows you to connect your Mac to your LG TV smoothly with a high definition resolution. You can stream videos, browse photos, display files, and many more with this tool. Check out the steps below to learn how to mirror Mac to LG TV.
- Get the app and have it installed on your Mac and LG TV. Run the app once installed.
- Go to your Mac and click TV option on the application’s interface.
- Enter the PIN code and click the Start mirroring button.
- Then your Mac will be connected and mirrored to your TV immediately.
These are the best screen mirroring tools for you to cast Mac to LG Smart TV. All listed tools are helpful and feasible when it comes to using your LG TV as an external screen for your Mac. Moreover, these methods and tools are safe, easy, and free to use. Just choose the one that fits your needs best.
Mirror Lg Tv Mac
The Apple Mac is undoubtedly a powerful device designed to complete the most difficult tasks in a matter of seconds. One of the many great features of an Apple MacBook or laptop is its in-built support for AirPlay mirroring.
AirPlay mirroring can be used to cast your Mac’s screen on your TV. You may need it to watch a movie, give a presentation or even play games.
Whatever the need may be, here’s the complete step-by-step guide to set up and mirror your Mac or MacBook to TV.
Screen mirroring on Mac can be done in 3 simple and easy ways:
1. With Apple TV via Airplay
If you are a proud owner of an Apple TV, you can start screen mirroring your Mac to your TV in no time with Airplay. AirPlay is Apple’s built-in feature for mirroring or sharing your device’s screen to an Apple TV or an AirPlay-compatible TV. This is also commonly known as AirPlay mirroring.
AirPlay mirroring allows you to mirror your display on an AirPlay receiver. This feature is available on both iOS devices like the iPhone and iPad, as well as Mac computers and laptops.
To mirror your Mac to Apple TV via AirPlay follow these steps:
- Connect your Mac to the same Wi-Fi network as your Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV.
- On your Mac, click in the menu bar at the top of your screen. If you don’t see , go to Apple menu > System Preferences > Displays, then select “Show mirroring options in the menu bar when available.”
- Choose your Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV.
- If an AirPlay passcode appears on your TV screen, enter the passcode on your Mac.
- To stop mirroring click on the AirPlay icon on the top right corner and click on Turn AirPlay Off.
2. With an Airplay 2 supported TV
The above steps also hold true for any AirPlay 2-enabled TV that you may have:
- Make sure both your AirPlay 2-supported TV and Mac are switched on and connected to the same network.
- Select your TV from the top right corner of the Mac’s menu bar by clicking on
- Your Mac’s screen will then start mirroring on your smart TV.
- To turn screen mirroring off, click on again and select Turn AirPlay Off.
3. Without Apple TV via HDMI cable
You can also mirror your Mac to your TV with an HDMI cable. First, check if an HDMI cable is supported on your Mac and your TV. If it isn’t supported, you may have to purchase an AV adapter like Apple’s Digital AV Adapter as well.
You can then order both of them easily on Amazon. The HDMI cable will cost you around $15 to $25 while the Digital AV Adapter is priced at roughly $49.
So after you have all the necessary hardware ready, follow these steps:
- Connect your Mac with the HDMI cable
- If you are using a Digital AV Adapter make sure the HDMI cable is connected to the adapter
- Connect the other end of your cable into a port on your TV
- On your TV remote, press the “Source” button
- Your Mac’s screen will be mirrored on your TV
Mirror Lg Tv Mac App
So you don’t need to have an Apple TV to mirror your Mac on your TV. Mirroring can be done without Apple TV via an HDMI cable as well.
The only downside of it is that it cannot be done wirelessly as is the case with AirPlay.
It is still a useful alternative as you may not have an Apple TV with you at all times.
Mirror Lg Tv Mac Download
When you are away from home, especially if you’re traveling, an HDMI cable is much more portable and convenient to carry around in your bag or briefcase.
Mirror For Lg Smart Tv Mac Download
Moreover, most TVs available today support an HDMI cable so you won’t usually face any compatibility issues.
That being said if you already have an Apple TV or any AirPlay 2-compatible TV, then you shouldn’t bother with an HDMI cable as you can easily mirror your Mac to the TV wireless over Wi-Fi.