Open Licenses MOLP Business Applications Open Business. Those products in common deployment scenarios. If you’re a volume licensing customer, the definitive guide to licensing terms and conditions is the Microsoft Licensing Product Terms and your licensing program agreement. For retail customers the license terms are specified in the Retail Software License Terms included with your product.
copies of Windows tend to not allow the Windows Update feature to operate.
I frequently reinstall XP and Win2K from an MSDN subscripiton that expired 3
years ago without any problems or limited functionality.
'clintonG' <firstname.lastname@example.org in message
Sorry, I forgot to mention. My partner has had to reinstall his instance
of XP Pro from our expired MSDN subscription on a new disk and explains it
will not update via Windows Update indicating there may be some
hokey-pokey going on.
'guy' <email@example.com in message
news:67**********************************@microsof t.com...>>I have an expired MSDN subscription and need to install some software
2003 and VS) from it that requires a product key. Despite the FAQ
stating that I can use the software after the subscription has expired
seems to be no way of getting a product key without a subscription.
Microsoft Intune is available for different customer needs and organization sizes, from a simple-to-use management experience for schools and small businesses, to more advanced functionality required by enterprise customers. Most licenses that include Microsoft Intune also grant the rights to use Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager, as long as the subscription remains active. An admin must have a license assigned to them to administer Intune (unless you allow unlicensed admins).
Intune is included in the following licenses:
- Microsoft 365 E5
- Microsoft 365 E3
- Enterprise Mobility + Security E5
- Enterprise Mobility + Security E3
- Microsoft 365 Business Premium
- Microsoft 365 F1
- Microsoft 365 F3
- Microsoft 365 Government G5
- Microsoft 365 Government G3
- Intune for Education
Microsoft Intune for Education
Intune for Education is included in the following licenses:
- Microsoft 365 Education A5
- Microsoft 365 Education A3
Licensing for Configuration Manager-managed devices in Intune
For existing Configuration Manager-managed devices to enroll into Intune for co-management at scale without user interaction, co-management uses an Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) feature called Windows 10 auto-enrollment. Auto-enrollment with co-management requires licenses for both Azure AD Premium (AADP1) and Intune. Starting on December 1, 2019, you no longer need to assign individual Intune licenses for this scenario. Microsoft Endpoint Manager now includes the Intune licenses for co-management. The separate AADP1 licensing requirement remains the same for this scenario to work. You still need to assign Intune licenses for other enrollment scenarios.
- A Microsoft Intune user and device subscription is available as a standalone, in addition to the bundles listed above.
- A Microsoft Intune device-only subscription is available to manage kiosks, dedicated devices, phone-room devices, IoT, and other single-use devices that don't require user-based security and management features. For more information, see Introduction to device licenses in Microsoft Intune.
- The appropriate Microsoft Intune license is required if a user or device benefits directly or indirectly from the Microsoft Intune service, including access to the Microsoft Intune service through a Microsoft API.
- Intune isn't included in licenses not in the previous tables.
For more information about giving administrators access to Microsoft Endpoint Manager without them having an Intune license, see Unlicensed admins.
Msdn License Keys
Visit the Microsoft Licensing page for the latest information about product editions, product licensing updates, volume licensing plans, and other information related to your specific use cases.
Msdn License Pricing
For information about how user and device licenses affect access to services, as well as how to assign a license to a user, see the Assign Intune licenses to your user accounts article.