Notepad2 is a small replacement utility for Windows notepad.exe application.
Notepad Portable is the handy Notepad text editor packaged as a portable app so you can do your development on the go. It has all the same great features of Notepad including support for multiple languages and an extensive plugin system, but there's nothing to install. Download The license for using Scintilla or SciTE is similar to that of Python containing very few restrictions. Release 5.0.2 Source Code The source code package contains all of the source code for Scintilla and SciTE but no binary executable code and is available in. SciTE is a SCIntilla based Text Editor. Originally built to demonstrate Scintilla, it has grown to be a generally useful editor with facilities for building and running programs. Scite - X 64-bit Download - x64-bit download - freeware, shareware and software downloads.
In addition to being a notepad, Notepad2 also supports search and replacing using regular expressions (regex). It can drag-and-drop bits of text and zoom in and out of text.
As a portable application, Notepad2 does not require installation. Thankfully, you can fully replace Windows' Notepad.exe with Notepad2 easily.
If you're a coder who often uses Notepad for editing files and you're missing things like syntax highlighting and support for search/replace with regular expressions, give this little application a try.
Notepad2 can edit PHP files, edit HTML documents and highlight syntax.
Features and highlights
- Drag & drop text editing inside and outside Notepad2
- Basic regular expression search and replace
- Useful word, line and block editing shortcuts
- Rectangular selection (Alt Mouse)
- Brace matching, auto indent, long line marker, zoom functions
- Support for Unicode, UTF-8, Unix and Mac text files
Notepad2 4.2.25 on 32-bit and 64-bit PCs
This download is licensed as freeware for the Windows (32-bit and 64-bit) operating system on a laptop or desktop PC from text editors without restrictions. Notepad2 4.2.25 is available to all software users as a free download for Windows.Filed under:
- Notepad2 Download
- Freeware Text Editors
- Major release: Notepad2 4.2
- Text Editing Software
|Download Scintilla and SciTE|
The license for using Scintilla or SciTE is similar to that of Python containing very few restrictions.
Source CodeThe source code package contains all of the source code for Scintilla and SciTE but no binary executable code and is available in
- zip format (3.6M) commonly used on Windows
- tgz format (3.2M) commonly used on Linux and compatible operating systems
Scite Software Download
Windows executables only support Windows XP and later. It may be possible to build with older compilers for Windows 2000 but that is no longer tested.
- Full 64-bit download (1.9M) includes the SciTE executable, any required DLLs, configuration files and documentation. After downloading the file, unzip it, and run SciTE.EXE. The files required to run SciTE are SciTE.EXE, SciLexer.DLL, and SciTEGlobal.properties.
- Full 32-bit download (1.8M) is similar but will run on 32-bit Windows with the executable called SciTE32.EXE. This is also the file to use on Windows XP.
- Single file 64-bit executable called Sc1 (2.9M) does not need any DLL or properties files as these are linked into the executable. You may still create properties files if you wish.
- Single file 32-bit download (2.4M) is similar but will run on 32-bit Windows.
An installer created by Troy Simpson.
GTK / Linux
Linux executable for 64-bit Intel compatible processors
This binary release requires GTK 2.24 or later and was tested on Ubuntu 18.04. If you are using a Linux distribution more than a year old you may need to rebuild SciTE to use your installed version of GTK. If the target system is 32-bit, you will need to build SciTE from source.
Software Download Windows 10
A full download (1.8M) includes the 64-bit SciTE executable, configuration files and documentation. After downloading the file, gunzip and untar it, and run SciTE. The files required to run SciTE are SciTE which is best located on the path (I put it in /usr/local/bin) 70 properties files which should be located in the /usr/share/scite directory, and Sci48M.png which should be copied to /usr/share/pixmaps.
Official Debian Packages are available from Apt. There is a package page.
Contributed by Aubin Paul.
Scite Software Download Windows 10
SciTE localised for other languages
SciTE can be and has been translated into other languages.
Previous versions can be downloaded from the history page.
Some high resolution and alternate icons are available.