Artist at Steven Klein Art Greater New York City Area 310 connections. Join to Connect. Steven Klein Art Studio. Farmingdale State University of New York, AA in Advertising Art. Company Website. Steve Kline (right-handed pitcher) (1947–2018), MLB pitcher; Steve Klein (soccer) (born 1975), American soccer player; Others. Steve Klein (musician) (born 1979), American musician; Steven Klein (artist) (born 1965), American photographer; Steven A. Klein (born 1959), CEO of Burlen Co. Steve Klein, producer of Innocence of Muslims.
Steven Klein (born April 30, 1965 in Cranston, Rhode Island) is an Americanphotographer and videographer. He has worked with numerous pop culture figures. He is based in New York City.
After studying painting at the Rhode Island School of Design, he moved into the field of photography. Klein shot high-profile advertising campaigns for various clients including Calvin Klein, Dolce & Gabbana, Louis Vuitton, Balenciaga, Alexander McQueen and Nike and is a regular contributor to magazines including American and Paris Vogue, where he photographed Björk. Other publications he worked with include i-D, Numéro, W, and Arena. His work has featured in numerous exhibitions, most recently at the Gagosian Gallery, California and the Brancolini Grimaldi Gallery in Florence. Klein is well known for his Interview, and W magazine editorials with various celebrities, including Madonna,Tom Ford,Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie,Rihanna. He often works with lighting director David Devlin. He shot the promotional pictures -including the album cover- of Britney Spears' third studio album, Britney. He also worked with Lady Gaga on numerous occasions including a music video for 'Alejandro', the album cover for Gaga and Tony Bennett's album Cheek to Cheek, as well as two fragrance campaigns.
In 2003, Klein collaborated with Madonna, creating an exhibition installation named X-STaTIC PRO=CeSS. It included photography from the photoshoot in W magazine and seven video segments. The installation ran from March 28 to May 3, 2003 in New York gallery, Deitch Projects, it then travelled the world in an edited form.
The title of the exhibition comes from a song called 'X-Static Process' on Madonna's 2003 album American Life.
A coffee table book was also released to accompany the exhibition which retailed for $350 and limited to 1000 copies. The book was designed by Giovanni Bianco and was hand-bound and printed in Italy on customized paper with brushed cotton paper slipcase.
Madonna later used video from the exhibition in her 2004 Re-Invention World Tour during the performances of 'The Beast Within' and 'Vogue'. Madonna has become a frequent collaborator with Klein, having used his photography on the albums Confessions on a Dance Floor and Hard Candy. He has also contributed videos to her 2006 Confessions Tour and various magazine photo shoots.
Steven Klein Artist
Concert backdrop videos
- Madonna – 'The Beast Within' (2004, Re-Invention World Tour)
- Madonna – 'Vogue' (2004, Re-Invention World Tour)
- Madonna – 'Future Lovers'/'I Feel Love' (2006, Confessions Tour)
- Madonna – 'Get Together' (2006, Confessions Tour)
- Madonna – 'Music Inferno' (2006, Confessions Tour)
- Madonna – 'Human Nature' (2008–2009, Sticky & Sweet Tour)
- Madonna – 'Get Stupid' (2008–2009, Sticky & Sweet Tour)
- Madonna – 'Iconic' (2015–2016, Rebel Heart Tour)
- Madonna – 'Secretprojectrevolution'
- Madonna – 'Superstar (Director - Guy Ritchie)'
- Lady Gaga – Fame (Fragrance)
- Lady Gaga – Eau de Gaga (Fragrance)
- Lady Gaga – Alejandro (2010)
- Brooke Candy – Opulence (2014)
- Kanye West – Wolves (2016)
- Nicki Minaj – Chun-Li (2018)
Steve Klein Glass Artist
- Killer Heels – Brooklyn Museum, 2014.
Steven Klein Artist Merrick Li
- ^Marre, Oliver (15 July 2007). 'The Man Who Shapes Fame'. The Guardian. Retrieved 23 November 2020.CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- ^Steven Klein. SHOWStudio. Retrieved March 1st, 2012.
- ^Madonna: Celebrities: Wmagazine.com
- ^Tom Ford: Fashion: Wmagazine.com
- ^Domestic Bliss: Celebrities: Wmagazine.com
- ^Tietjen, Alexa (3 October 2017). 'If Shoes Could Kill: Steven Klein Unveils 'Fetish' Exhibit at Sotheby's'. WWD. Retrieved 27 October 2017.CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
Steven Klein’s (*1965 in Rhode Island) fascination of the arts grew while he studied painting at the famous Rhode Island School of Design. Since the 1990s, Steven Klein has produced numerous photo series with international stars. Apart from creating the legendary exhibition installation »X-STaTIC PRO=CeSS« with photographs and videos of Madonna, Klein has worked with celebrities such as Britney Spears, David Beckham, Naomi Campbell, Kate Moss, and Lady Gaga. The portrayal of these artists, who are famous for their controversial performances and eccentric life styles, seems an apt choice for Steven Klein, whose work has always been prone to provocation. In 2005, Klein created a photo series with two of the most celebrated film stars who were then just about to become Hollywood’s super couple: In »Case Study«, Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt portray an American family, erotic tension and themes like wealth and loneliness filtering through the seemingly perfect surface. Steven Klein works and lives in New York.